Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning identified

A man who lost his life from carbon monoxide poisoning on Wednesday has been identified as 48-year-old  Amid Richardson of Five Islands.

Amid was pronounced dead shortly after his body was removed from a cistern in Fitches Creek.  He was not breathing when he was rescued by fire officers. According to reports, amid along with Henley Richardson, the homeowner, were unconscious when they were rescued from the cistern.

Amid and another worker were at the Fitches Creek residence doing some handy work to include emptying a nine-feet deep cistern.

The use of a gas-operated Xtreme 2.5 power pump inside the confined space appears to be the source of the lethal carbon monoxide exposure

While the pump was still running Amid reportedly went in to check the water level. The other worker noticed that he began to shake like he was having a fit and so he directed him outside to get some fresh air. When Amid began to climb the ladder to come out, he fell backwards off the ladder and was rendered unresponsive.

The other worker began to shout for help when the homeowner came to his assistance and while both men were trying to get Amid out, the homeowner fainted.

Fire officers used a rope to remove Amid and Henley from the cistern. When they were recovered Henly was breathing “very heavily,” according to reports but was unresponsive while Amid seemed not to be breathing at all and was later pronounced dead by a medical doctor.

Meanwhile, Henley whose condition has been described as “critical” was placed in incubation at the hospital to help with his breathing and he is to be monitored for the next few days.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

You May Also Like

Copyright © 2022 Island Press Box. St. Johns Antigua

error: Content is protected !!
en_USEnglish